- 30 extra large Carolina shrimp (5 per person), deveined and peeled with the heads and tails left on;
- 2 cans of Cannellini beans, drained well and washed to remove some of the salt. If you prefer, you can use dried beans, but they will need to be soaked in water overnight;
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ 10 oz. can of low sodium, low fat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped Rosemary
- ½ stalk of celery, chopped roughly
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, deseeded and chopped coarsely
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 lemon
Put the beans, chicken broth, garlic, sage, Rosemary, celery, salt and pepper and a sauce pan and cook for two minutes. Drain it well, then remove the garlic and celery. Toss well and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
Place one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter until they shimmer over a high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until one side is pink. Flip them over and continue cooking until the inside of the shrimp is opaque.