Investigators believe a devastating fire could have been the work of arsonists.
Friday night firefighters scrambled to put out the flames. It started in a two-story garage on Clay Street off Princess Place Drive in Wilmington. The owners weren't home at the time of the blaze, but neighbors say someone was there. A witness saw two teenagers running out of the garage with boxes in their hands just before it went up in smoke.
When fire officials arrived on the scene they said they smelled gasoline.
Family members don't know why someone would do this to them. However they wish the burglars would have just taken the boxes, instead of leaving them with nothing.
Investigators have no suspects. Family members say they won't rest until they find out who started this blaze.
Reported By: Maggie Alexander
The school principal says the student and her parents signed a covenant, vowing the teen wouldn’t have sex.More >>
A deadly virus is threatening the crawfish industry in Southwest Louisiana. It's called white spot syndrome virus and it was first discovered in Thailand, but somehow it made its way to ponds in South Louisiana and specialists are struggling to find the funds to research a solution. “The catch was increasing and increasing and then it dropped 70% and that's when you saw the dead crawfish floating in the water,” said a crawfish farmer of 34 years, Ian Garbarino. He...More >>