Texas couple finds organ in KFC chicken - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Texas couple finds possible lung in KFC chicken

By Samantha Jordan

LINDALE, TX (KLTV) - Many of us go out to eat at fast food restaurants, but how often do we stop to closely take a look at the food we're about to take a bite of? 

One Texas family said they wish they would have, because they ended up taking in a lot more than the chicken they ordered at a KFC restaurant.

"He was looking at it and taking the crust off of it, and he says, ‘What does that look like to you?', and I said, ‘That doesn't look right. That looks like a brain,'" said Tonya Clayton, whose husband, Jamie, says he found an organ after taking a bite out of a chicken thigh.

Clayton says the discovery caused her husband to become sick at the restaurant.

What's most shocking for Clayton is the way she said management at the KFC reacted to her complaint. 

"[Management] said, ‘The only thing I can do is replace the piece of chicken it was on,' and I said, ‘No, my husband got sick from it. I don't think that's going to work,'" said Tonya.

From there, Clayton said she contacted KFC's corporate offices, but did not receive a response.

KLTV also contacted KFC's corporate office, and they responded with the following statement:

"Product quality and food safety are KFC's top priorities. The object in the photo is definitely not a brain. While it's impossible to say for sure without seeing it, it is likely a lung. It would be rare for something like this to occur, but while it is certainly unappetizing, it does not present a food safety issue."

However, the Claytons said it's definitely enough to keep them away from KFC's chicken for good.

KFC officials added that the issue has been reported to their quality assurance team, and said they will follow up with the Claytons over the matter to make things right.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly