For the second time in a week, a Columbus County home is in ruins after a devistating fire.Shane Ward's home on Shade Fisher Road in the New Hope Community, just South of Whiteville, caught fire this morning while he ran an errand.
When Ward returned, he saw smoke pouring from the the roof of his home and called 911.
Fire investigators believe the blaze was sparked by wires connected to the home's heating unit.
Ward's wife and two young children are traveling out of state, and were not home at the time of the fire.
"It's tough... it's a big burden," said Ward. "But the good Lord's gonna look after us. We'll be out of our home, but it'll be allright."
Ward says his family will probably stay at his father's house until they can rebuild.