- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ sliced purple onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
Combine black beans and next 9 ingredients; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
Bring water to a boil; add shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Chill. Peel and devein shrimp.