Right in front of a News 6 camera, a paramedic saved the life of a family pet while fire crews were still putting out the flames.
No humans were in the house at the time of the fire, but the family dog was.
Fire officials say he was tied to a bed. Fighters pulled him out. The black lab-mix inhaled some smoke, but emergency crews helped him start breathing again with an oxygen mask.
The blaze started just after four at a one-story home on Dullage Drive. That's near king's grant extension.
Neighbors tried to enter the house and look for anyone trapped inside; however, they flames turned them away.