- One pound of spaghetti, bucatini or linguini (cooked, drained and reserved)
- 4 ears of sweet summer corn – grilled or roasted, kernels removed – about 2 cups
- One bunch of leeks – washed, greens removed, julienned
- ½ pound of bacon or pancetta (Italian bacon), diced
- 4 T butter, divided
- 1 t red chili pepper flakes
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 oz English Peas (about ¾ cup) – can substitute regular peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 oz sundried or oven dried tomatoes, reconstituted if dried*, julienned
- 6 oz sherry or other sweet wine (*can use to reconstitute sundried tomatoes if necessary – soften in wine for 20 minutes)
- 2 oz fresh tarragon (can use 2 t dried flakes)
- One pound fresh crabmeat (can use lump or backfin)
- 8 oz chicken or vegetable stock
In large pan or heavy bottom sauce pot over medium heat: add 2 T butter, bacon, chili pepper flakes, garlic and leeks. Sauté for approx 5 minutes until bacon fat is rendered and leeks are softened. Stir frequently.
Add corn, peas, tarragon, sun dried tomatoes. Stir to coat with butter, bacon fat and then add sherry (deglaze pan)
Add chicken stock and bring liquid to a simmer.
Add cooked, drained pasta, stir: allow sauce to coat, soften/re-heat noodles.
Finish with 2 T butter, crabmeat - toss to melt butter, heat crabmeat.
Use tongs to remove and evenly distribute pasta on 4 plates, pour remaining sauce over each dish, sprinkle each with the Italian parsley – enjoy!