RALEIGH, NC (WECT) – The North Carolina General Assembly reconvened on Wednesday, January 26, with Republicans in charge of the House and Senate for the first time in more than 140 years.
Lawmakers representing southeastern North Carolina introduced several bills in the first few days of the 2011 session.
Representative Frank Iler (R-Brunswick) and Danny McComas (R-New Hanover) co- sponsored of a bill to end eminent domain. Iler, McComas and Rep. Carolyn Justice (R-Pender) co-sponsored a bill to put a moratorium on forced annexation. Sen. Thom Goolsby (R-New Hanover) co-sponsored a bill to lift the current cap on the number of charter schools in North Carolina. That bill passed the Senate and is now headed to the House.
The following is a list of representatives and senators from our area. Clicking on their name will take you to their General Assembly webpage, where you can view bills they have introduced and their recorded votes:
- Rep. William Brisson (Bladen, Cumberland)
- Rep. Susi Hamilton (New Hanover, Pender)
- Rep. Dewey Hill (Brunswick, Columbus)
- Rep. Frank Iler (Brunswick)
- Rep. Carolyn Justice (New Hanover, Pender)
- Rep. Danny McComas (New Hanover)
- Sen. Thom Goolsby (New Hanover)
- Sen. Wesley Meredith (Bladen, Cumberland)
- Sen. Bill Rabon (Brunswick, Columbus, Pender)
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina Senate