Chef Skip Laskody with Harris Teeter
1) In a Food processor, combine the sauce ingredients and process smooth. Remove to a Chilled bowl, cover and chill.
2) In a mixing bowl combine the prepared veggies with the garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, mayonnaise, egg chilled flaked salmon and mix well.
3) Add just enough breadcrumbs to form a Patti-like consistency. (reserve enough crumbs to press into the cakes just before pan frying.)
4) Scoop up about 2 tbl. of the salmon mixture and using your hands, shape into a 2 inch round cake, about 1/2 inch thick. Repeat procedure until all salmon material is used up.
5) Heat the olive oil in a heavy, deep sided skillet over medium heat to a temperature of 375 F. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and place the cakes into the hot oil and fry uncovered for 2 minutes per side. Turn it once.