State safety officials are investigating the death of a UNC Charlotte student who died at a concert. Authorities say Ashley Faris of Waxhaw was electrocuted as he walked barefoot on a wet stairway at an amphitheater during a concert Friday night by Snoop Dogg and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
A passer-by who tried to help Faris, Ryan Robards of Concord, was treated for electric shock. Robards was shocked when he grabbed Faris in an effort to help him. Robards, who did not know Faris, was released from the hospital yesterday.
Robards' father says his son does not want to talk about what happened, and is very sore. He is expected to make a full recovery.
The electrocution happened about 9:30 p.m. during a break after Snoop Dogg performed but before The Red Hot Chili Peppers took the stage. The show continued as planned and many concertgoers never knew anyone was hurt.