Stove fire kills man from Columbus County - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Stove fire kills man from Columbus County

Reported by Scott Saxton email

COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WECT) - A man from Columbus County lost his life early Friday morning after an unattended cooking fire spread at his home in the Chadbourn area.

Daryl Cartret, 41 years old, died in the fire that started after 4 a.m.

A deputy fire marshal in Columbus County says it looks like a pot left on the stove is the cause of the fire.  There were no other injuries in the fire on CM Cartrette Road.

Copyright 2010 WECT. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly