WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - A father and son duo working for the Alcoholic Beverage Commission are now being scrutinized for accepting thousands of dollars in bonus money.
A financial report indicates Billy Williams was awarded a $30,000 bonus in 2009 and his son was given $20,000.
Controversy already surrounds the Williams' yearly salaries - a combined total of nearly $350,000.
Earlier this week three officials with ABC resigned from the board to remove themselves from the dispute, but ABC's attorney George Roundtree said the former board did nothing wrong when they voted for the Williams' salaries and bonuses. Billy Williams has worked for the company for 42 years.
County manager and interim ABC board member Bruce Shell will have a meeting with Billy Williams Thursday.
The interim board is not expected to take action against Williams. They will construct a report on ABC and present findings to the new board members when they are voted in.
- 3 ABC officials announce their resignation
- ABC administrator will consider pay cut
- ABC salaries examined in New Hanover County
- NHC commissioners continue to investigate ABC salaries
- NHC commissioners to hold public meeting about ABC salaries
- New Hanover Co. ABC Board will consider legal action
- ABC board member speaks about lawsuit claim