Questions are reportedly being raised about the fire exits at a Rhode Island nightclub. A fire last month at 'The Station' in West Warwick killed 99 people and injured dozens of others.
The Boston Globe reports that officials are suggesting the club may have had fewer fire exits than the law requires, and that the way those exits were set up may have been faulty.
The Rhode Island fire marshal tells the paper that the club owners, in his words, "needed different arrangements." He did not give details, but he did say one of the four doors to the club couldn't be considered an emergency exit because it was only accessible through the kitchen.
Witnesses have said one fire exit was partially blocked by large speakers.
(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)