Posted by Debra Worley - email
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) - New Hanover County detectives arrested a man from Wilmington after a two month investigation.
Authorities arrested 32-year-old Charles Rudolph Clay III Friday during a traffic stop on Castle Hayne Road. Detectives seized more than 1 kilo of cocaine, which has a street value of over $125,000.
"We stand committed to getting the drug dealers and the drugs off our streets and communities", said Sheriff Edward McMahon.
Clay was charged with possession with:
- intent to manufacture, sell, and deliver cocaine
- possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine
- four counts of trafficking cocaine
- maintaining a vehicle to keep/deliver a controlled substance
- possession of drug paraphernalia
- possession of weapon by felon
Clay is being held in the New Hanover County Detention Facility under a $1,000,000 secured bond.