Reported by Scott Saxton email
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WECT) - Sixteen people, including a 72-year-old home owner in Southport, were arrested as part of a drug roundup last week in Brunswick County.
The biggest bust took place at 203 West 9th Street in Southport, a place deputies describe as a hub for most of the local drug activity in that area. Friday night, deputies arrested six people, including Martha Lee, the 72-year-old homeowner, concluding a four day operation in which deputies seized marijuana, illegal prescription pills, ecstasy powder cocaine and crack cocaine.
Those arrested in that situation include:
1) Kevin McCoy, 21 of Park Avenue in Southport- PWIMSD Cocaine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
2) Eric Lavar Caine, 21 of Hankins Drive in Southport- Felony Possession of Cocaine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
3) William Leon Holmes, 24 of Burrington Street in Southport- Possession With Intent to Sell and Deliver Cocaine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
4) Danyel Raye Alston, 35 of Daws Creek Road in Winnabow- Felony Possession of Cocaine
5) Shanell Johnson, 28 of Castle Hayne- Felony Possession of cocaine, Possession of ½ ounce or less of marijuana and possession of Drug Paraphernalia
6) Martha Lee, 72 of Southport- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
7) Brandon Smith, 21 of River Road in Southport- Possession of ½ ounce or Less of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
8) Bennie Ogundeji of Wilmington- Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
9) Joyce Hankins, 39 of 50 Lakes Drive in BSL- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
10) Michael Antonio Smith, 23 - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
11) Jerome Lee, 51 of 9th Street in Southport- Felony Possession of Cocaine, Possession of ½ ounce or less of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia
12) Joseph Corey Gore, 39 of Caswell Avenue in Southport- Possession ½ or Less of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
13) Michael Gene Speights, 19 of South Hall Drive in Bolivia- Possession of ½ ounce or less of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Speights was also served with warrants stemming from a July 2009 investigation. Those charges included; PWIMSD Marijuana- 2cts- Sell and Deliver Marijuana, PWIMSD Schedule IV Controlled Substance, 2cts- Sell and Deliver Schedule IV Controlled Substances an Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Deputies also arrested Eddie Thomas Shoe at his home on Shallotte and charged him with numerous controlled substance violations. They confiscated pills, money, guns and a 2000 Ford F-150.
Two other people, Autumn Dawn Maggard, 18 of Southport and Nicholas Bluecloud Molina, 21 of Little River, South Carolina also face drug charges.