Posted by Lauren Thomson - email
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - With a little more than a month left before Christmas, one consumer group is warning which toys to watch out for.
The Boston-based group, World Against Toys Causing Harm, also known as WATCH, released its "10 Worst Toys of 2009" list:
1. Disney-Pixar Wall-E foam rocket launcher
2. Moon Board pogo board
3. Curious Baby Curious George Counting - My first book of numbers
4. The Dark Knight batman figure
5. X-Men Origins Slashin' Action Wolverine
6. Lots to love babies - "Mini Nursery"
7. Just Kidz junior musical instruments
8. Cat "Rugged Mini"
9. Pucci Pups maltese
10. Spy Gear viper-blaster
The claws on the left hand of the X-Men Origins Slashin' Action Wolverine do not retract, posing a risk of puncture or eye injury, according to WATCH.
The WATCH folks point to inconsistent age recommendations on the packaging of the Wall-E foam rocket launcher, and the potential for injury from the foam rocket.
The group says the listed toys are choking hazards or pose the risk of strangulation and other injuries. They also recommend checking for choking hazards by pulling on all the pieces of a toy to see what will come off.
For more information, visit http://toysafety.org/worsttoylist.shtml