Electrical box sparks fire at Sunset Beach - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Electrical box sparks fire at Sunset Beach

Reported by Max Winitz - bio|email
Posted by Lauren Thomson - email

SUNSET BEACH, NC (WECT) - Firefighters from four different departments helped put out a house fire in Sunset Beach.

 

According to Chief Chris Barbee of the Sunset Beach fire department, the fire started in an elevator shaft located inside a four story duplex at 1914 Norwood Street.

Three of the duplex residents were inside at the time of the fire, but all of them reportedly made it out safely.

Smoke and flames were shooting from the home when firefighters from Calabash, Ocean Isle Beach, Grissettown-Longwood and Sunset Beach arrived.

They were able to contain the fire in a short amount of time.

Chief Barbee says an electrical box sparked the fire that caused over $10,000 in damage.

©2009 WECT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly