Fire damages Wilmington restaurant - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Fire damages Wilmington restaurant

Posted by Debra Worley - email

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - An electrical short in a neon sign caused an early morning fire at an area restaurant, according to fire officials.

A police officer called in a report of smoke coming from McAllister's Deli on College Road in Wilmington during a patrol around 4:00 a.m.

 

When dispatchers received the call, flames were seen coming from the roof of the building.

The fire caused about $1,000 in damages.

©2009 WECT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly