Ask Congressman Mike McIntyre a question by clicking here.
Congressman McIntyre is Chairman of the Agricultural Subcommittee that oversees rural economic development, and Vice-Chairman of the Armed Services Subcommittee on Terrorism that oversees our special operations forces worldwide. In addition to his leadership responsibilities as a Senior Whip and as a member of the Majority Leader's Advisory Council, McIntyre is a senior commissioner on the U.S. Commission on Cooperation and Security in Europe.
He won top honors in Congress for:
- National Legislator of the Year for his work on behalf of veterans (2008);
- National Legislator of the Year in agriculture (2007);
- National Leadership Award in economic development (2007);
- Admiral Circle's Award for leadership on coastal concerns (2005);
- "MVP" Award for his work on behalf of senior citizens (2004);
- National Legislative Award twice for rural health care (2000 & 2003);
- Medal of Merit Award from the National Guard for national defense (2000).
McIntyre also won the first-ever International Award in Public Policy for jobs and workforce development in 2001.
Congressman McIntyre is founder and Co-Chairman of both the Congressional Waterways Caucus and the Congressional Caucus on Youth Sports. He is also Co-Chairman of the Special Operations Forces Caucus and has served on the U.S. Naval Academy Advisory Board.