Firefighters say blaze at Castle Hayne home was accidental

Posted by Laura Sinacori - email

CASTLE HAYNE, NC (WECT) - Fire officials investigated a blaze that destroyed part of a home on Rockhill Road in Castle Hayne this weekend.

New Hanover County fire officials tell WECT news nobody was home when the fire began, but they were able to put out the flames within a few minutes.

They said there are many things that could have sparked the flames, but believe it was accidental.

"This time of year your likely to have a fire from lightning strikes," said Donnie Hall of New Hanover County Fire Services.  "Careless with cooking material. Typically [you] don't have a problem with heating products because of heat, but for most part it comes from wide range of sources."

©2009 WECT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.