Man accused of rape takes the stand in Bolivia - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Man accused of rape takes the stand in Bolivia

Adam Hudson (Source: Brunswick Co. Sheriff's Office) Adam Hudson (Source: Brunswick Co. Sheriff's Office)

Reported by Laura Sinacori - bio|email

BRUNSWICK CO., NC (WECT) - Tearful testimony Tuesday as the defense called witnesses to the stand in a rape trial in Bolivia.

The jury heard from Adam Hudson who is accused of the rape, his grandmother, and the father of the alleged victim.

Officials charged 19-year-old Hudson from West Virginia with raping a 12-year-old relative last year while their two families were vacationing near Holden Beach.

The grandmother told the court she doesn't believe the alleged rape ever happened.  She said Hudson and the victim would never have had time to do anything because someone was always awake in the place they were staying.

On the stand she said,"I don't understand why, if this happened, she didn't scream."

The alleged victim's father said he has heard certain things in the courtroom that contradict what he'd been told previously about the incident.

He added, "To me there is no side. I lose either way. I love my daughter, and I want to believe her. I want to believe Adam too."

The defense attorney called Hudson to the stand to talk about the logistics of the trip and a family meeting that took place after the girl says the rape happened.

The defense attorney says he expects to finish questioning his witnesses Wednesday.

Stay with WECT News and wect.com for continuing coverage. We will let you know any updates in the case, as well as the verdict when it comes in.

©2009 WECT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Mother charged with killing teenage daughter

    Mother charged with killing teenage daughter

    Wednesday, August 23 2017 6:50 AM EDT2017-08-23 10:50:33 GMT
    Wednesday, August 23 2017 6:50 AM EDT2017-08-23 10:50:33 GMT

    Burned remains found on the mother’s farm were identified as those of her 16-year-old daughter, who she gave up for adoption when she was a baby.

    More >>

    Burned remains found on the mother’s farm were identified as those of her 16-year-old daughter, who she gave up for adoption when she was a baby.

    More >>
  • Solicitor: Suspect in deadly Conway bank robbery to face two counts of murder, other charges

    Solicitor: Suspect in deadly Conway bank robbery to face two counts of murder, other charges

    Wednesday, August 23 2017 6:21 PM EDT2017-08-23 22:21:40 GMT
    Front: Brandon Council (Source: Conway Police), Background: The scene in Greenville, NC where Council was apprehended. (Source: WITN reporter Lynnette Taylor's Facebook Live)Front: Brandon Council (Source: Conway Police), Background: The scene in Greenville, NC where Council was apprehended. (Source: WITN reporter Lynnette Taylor's Facebook Live)

    The person of interest in the double-murder and bank robbery in Conway on Monday is in custody. Brandon MIchael Council was arrested in Greenville, North Carolina Wednesday, along with two other people, authorities there confirmed.  Brandon Michael Council was wanted for questioning in connection with the murder of two CresCom bank employees during a bank robbery at the CresCom Bank in Conway on Monday afternoon.

    More >>

    The person of interest in the double-murder and bank robbery in Conway on Monday is in custody. Brandon MIchael Council was arrested in Greenville, North Carolina Wednesday, along with two other people, authorities there confirmed.  Brandon Michael Council was wanted for questioning in connection with the murder of two CresCom bank employees during a bank robbery at the CresCom Bank in Conway on Monday afternoon.

    More >>
  • Police: Mass shooting at gender reveal party was 'in no way random'

    Police: Mass shooting at gender reveal party was 'in no way random'

    Tuesday, August 22 2017 1:10 PM EDT2017-08-22 17:10:56 GMT
    (Cheyanne Willis/Facebook)(Cheyanne Willis/Facebook)

    The Colerain Township woman who said she lost her unborn child during a mass shooting that left 8 injured and one dead was not pregnant, police announced Monday. 

    More >>

    The Colerain Township woman who said she lost her unborn child during a mass shooting that left 8 injured and one dead was not pregnant, police announced Monday. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly