Posted by Debra Worley - email
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - So far 18 children have died nationwide this year of hyperthermia after being left unattended in a vehicle, and most of those deaths happened in the southeast.
Friday, North Carolina officials demonstrated how bad it can be to leave your child inside a vehicle during the hot months of the year.
Officials put smores inside a car that had been sitting outside on an 85º day. The temperature inside the car reach 138º and melted the smores in ten minutes.
Another demonstration showed a person's blood pressure increases as they sit in a hot vehicle.