Posted by Debra Worley - email
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) - New Hanover County Sheriff Ed McMahon promoted six employees Wednesday morning.
The office was able to save nearly $80,000 with the promotions and only eliminated one lieutenant position and saving on position replacement costs of other positions.
The following promotions were made and are effective immediately:
- Major R.L. Smith is promoted to Chief Deputy
- Major S.A. Jones is promoted to Colonel
- Captain L.A. Ruefle is promoted to Major
- Lieutenant M.W. Vincent is promoted to Captain, Support Services Division
- Lieutenant L.J. MacNeish is promoted to Captain, Detention Division
- Lieutenant T.C. Robinson is promoted to Assistant Division Commander, Support Services Division
Sheriff McMahon said he is pleased to have a strong support system under his command and looks forward to their insight and assistance in day to day operations.