Smoking may have caused fire in Carolina Beach

Posted by Debra Worley - email
Writing contributed by WECT Intern Michelle Peck

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - A mobile home fire in Carolina Beach may have been caused by someone smoking inside the home, according to firefighters.

Firefighters were called to a home on Snapper Lane around 2:00 PM.  When they arrived, they saw smoke and flames coming from the back of the home.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire within a few minutes, and the person inside the home at the time was not hurt.

©2009 WECT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.