WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - An elderly woman testified in court Tuesday against her accused rapist.
A jury of 9 women and 3 men heard the 911 call the victim made after she recalled the events of April 12, 2008.
The 96-year-old victim explained to the jury what 42-year-old Brian Anthony Reavis did to her that morning.
The victim said she was heading back inside her home after getting the morning paper when a man helped her get in her house and then asked for her money.
She handed over $20, but the man wanted more. She said Reavis stole more cash and then forced her into her bedroom where he sexually and physically assaulted her.
"He threw me on the bed face down and he started hitting me on the back of the head and neck," said the victim on the witness stand. "He hit, hit, hit, hit me then he pulled clothing down. He didn't say anything. I asked him to stop and I said you promised you wouldn't hurt me."
During the attack, the woman lost her right eye, which had been a transplant she received at Duke from a 35-year-old person.
Even though she was bleeding from her eye, she was able to give detectives enough of a description of her attacker to have a composite sketch drawn. The sketch was admitted as evidence in the trial.
The victim was treated at New Hanover Regional Medical Center for her injuries, and says she was beaten and raped so violently that she still lives in fear.
Reavis is facing charges of rape, kidnapping, and common-law robbery for an attack on a woman, who was 95 at the time, in April 2008.
Stay with WECT and wect.com for more information about the trial as it become available.