How to make a donation to benefit wildfire victims

Posted by Debra Worley - email

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WECT) - Many people are have been generously asking how they can help those who fell victim of the wildfires in Horry County.

Monetary donations are needed at this time to help the victims of the wildfires who are uninsured and underinsured.

People can call in the state 2-1-1 or out of state 1-877-648-9900 for long-term recovery to the United Way Horry County Wildfire Fund.

Local chapters of the American Red Cross and Salvation Army are also accepting donations to help cover the expenses incurred during these fires.

In-kind donations are not need at this time because so many citizens have been so generous already with clothing, food, etc. that currently the agencies are not in need of in-kind donations.

©2009 WECT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. United Way of Horry County contributed to this report