Family mourns loss of dogs in a house fire

Posted by Debra Worley - email

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - A Wilmington family is mourning the loss of their dogs after a fire broke out at their home.

Family members say they weren't at the home on Myrtle Grove Road when the fire started, but say they saw smoke when they did get home.

They say one man tried to go inside and rescue the dogs, but it was too late.  That man was later taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Family members say they do not know how the fire started.

©2009 WECT. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.