WILMINGTON -- First the Lil' Wayne concert was off but now it is back on; controversial rap artist Lil' Wayne will perform at New Hanover High School's Brogden Hall.
The school board reversed an earlier decision to "pull the plug" on the concert. The concert was called off because of safety concerns.
School board members said they feared an outbreak of violence.
The potential for problems became an issue after chaos erupted last year at one of the musician's concerts. The concernt chaos combined with Lil' Wayne's legal problems brought about the concerns.
Lil' Wayne has appeared in court several times, most recently for drug and weapons charges.
The rap artist's promoter filed a lawsuit for a breach of contract with the school board and then agreed to hire more security, so now the show will go on.
Lil' Wayne is scheduled to perform on Sunday, October 21 at Brogden Hall.
Reported by Kelli O'Hara
A University of South Carolina student wants action after he says he was viciously attacked outside a Five Points bar St. Patrick's Day weekend.