WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Detectives with the Wilmington Police Department have arrested five people, including two juveniles, who are accused of being involved in a number of armed robberies and home invasions in Wilmington.
According to Chief Ralph Evangelous, Tony King-Tilman, Marvin White, Nicholas Bannerman and two juveniles are accused of a robbery Nov. 9 on North Front Street outside of the parking deck and another the next day on the 200 block of Hanover Street.
Detectives said they were armed with handguns during the incidents.
White was indicted earlier this year for robbery with a dangerous weapon for his involvement in the brutal murder of delivery driver Zhen Bo Liu.
"What does he have to do to be considered a menace to society," said Evangelous. "He was already involved in one person being murdered and two more armed robberies involving guns. The public needs to be concerned out there. They really truly do."
Evangelous expressed frustration at a press conference held at the police department on Wednesday because he originally thought a judge lowered bail on White. Wednesday afternoon WECT.com found out that a New Hanover County judge increased his bail from $50,000 to $250,000, according to the jail.
Additionally, warrants have been issued for Davonte Baskerville and Jamell Roland in connection to recent robberies.
As the holidays approach, more people are finding any way to get their hands on valuables. The chief is asking the community to be proactive in fighting these crimes.
He says to travel in groups, lock your cars and to call police immediately if you see anything suspicious.
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard