WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - The experts at yardsalesearch.com has 101 tips with everything you need to know about planning and shopping a yard sale.
Here are a few:
- Join together with some neighbors for your yard sale if possible. The more stuff, the better sale.
- Schedule a yard sale or garage sale around the first of the month because that’s when people have the most money.
- Consider a pre-sale the Friday night before and invite your friends and coworkers. You may get rid of some bigger items that way.
- Include a special list of items for sale
- Make your own yard sale signs. Include arrows directing people.
- Post the signs around heavily traveled intersections close to your sale.
- Don’t put your signs up until the morning of the sale, and only after you have most of your items laid out ready to go.
- Put a price on everything. Use removable stickers or masking tape that is easy to remove.
- For items you have a lot of like books or CDs, post a discount for buying several.
- Have a “Free” box for items you are anxious to get rid of and that don’t seem to have much value. Put it near the road to draw people in.
- Price lots of items under $1. Price most things under $5.
SETTING UP THE SALE
- Use tables to display small merchandise attractively. Place tables in a manner that will leave room for shoppers to browse without feeling crowded.
- Place similar items together.
- Separate your clothes according to size.
- Use a clothesline to display nice clothing.
- Put the bigger stuff towards the front so they can be clearly seen as people drive by.