PENDER COUNTY, NC (WECT) - With the Dec. 13 deadline to register for assistance nears, FEMA has announced another set of disaster recovery centers the agency plans to close next week.
The closings in southeastern North Carolina will include:
- Pender County - The Pender County Agricultural Building Auditorium located at 801 Walker Street, Burgaw. (Wed., Dec 12 at 5 p.m.)
- Onslow County - Piney Green Shopping Center located at 175 Freedom Way Suite 18A, Midway Park (Thurs., Dec. 13 at 5 p.m.)
The New Hanover County disaster recovery center located at the Old Independence Mall on Oleander Drive in Wilmington will remain open until further notice.
Survivors may still register for assistance before the Dec. 13 deadline by:
- Calling the disaster assistance helpline at 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585 (TTY) anytime from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. Multilingual operators are available.
- Going online to DisasterAssistance.gov or DisasterAssistance.gov/es in Spanish.
- Downloading the FEMA mobile app or the FEMA mobile app in Spanish.
- Downloading the ReadyNC app.
You may also call the disaster assistance helpline to update your contact information, ask questions about a letter from FEMA, get information about FEMA home inspections, or learn how to appeal a FEMA decision.