NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) - Firefighters will be posted at intersections around New Hanover County thru December 1 for the annual Fill the Boot campaign.
Money raised from the campaign goes towards research to accelerate treatments and cures related to Muscular Dystrophy, ALS and related life-threatening diseases that take away physical strength, independence and life.
"The dedicated men and women of New Hanover County Fire Rescue display an unwavering support for MDA as they raise critical funds to help our families get the strength and resources they need," said Executive Director Melissa Sinclair. "We are so proud to be partnering with these first-responders, who mirror the strength and nobility of MDA families who strive to live unlimited every day."
This year's Fill the Boot campaign will officially take place at the following locations in Wilmington:
- Intersection of Kerr Ave. and Castle Hayne Rd.
- Intersection of Hwy 421 and Isabella Holmes Bridge
- Intersection of Castle Hayne Rd. and Holly Shelter Rd.
- Intersection of Market St. and Porters Neck Rd.
- Intersection of Market St. and Gordon Rd.
- Intersection of N. College Rd., Murrayville Rd., and Bavarian Ln.
- Intersection of S. College Rd., Carolina Beach Rd., and Piner Rd.
Members of New Hanover County Fire Rescue will greet drivers, asking them to make a donation to support MDA’s mission of funding research to accelerate treatments and cures, as well as caring and empowering kids and adults from day one so they can thrive.