WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Granola is a controversial choice for a healthy breakfast food.
The store-bought kind isn’t always the best for you.
Chef Gwen Gulliksen with Cape Fear Community College shares a recipe that will help you fit granola into your balanced breakfast.
(Makes Cookie Sheet Pan)
Organic oats, old fashioned 3 cups
Almonds, sliced 2/3 cup (2.25oz bag)
Cinnamon, ground 1 ½ Tbsp
Maple Syrup ½ cup
Olive Oil ¼ cup
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well incorporated – then pour out onto a lined cookie sheet pan.
3. Cook for 20 minutes – then take out of oven and turn with a spatula – then cook for another 20 minutes
4. Cool completely before serving or storing
5. Serve with fresh seasonal fruit & almond milk or yogurt
6. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired
Chef Gwen said this granola can be put into mason jars and given out as small holiday treats.